If your heart's set on purebred puppies the first step is to find dog reputable dog breeders who knows what they are doing.
Do you want a puppy for show, breeding or just a companion?
There are different qualities you will be looking for each Wanting a Pet.
If you want a pet or companion you will be able to get one pretty reasonable but it might have some flaws that
would keep it from being a breeder or show dog. These flows might be:
* Poor Coat - curly, woolly, cottony or to thin, instead of smooth and silky.
* Weak Pigmentation - The rim around the eyes, the noise, and the foot pad should all be black if any of these things are not black it is considered a flow.
* Incorrect tail set - Tail might not curl over the back properly or drop down or be straight.
* Poor top line - back might slope and not be level.
* Incorrect size or too small - Maltese standard size is 4 - 7 but 4 - 6 is preferred.
* Both testicles - (in a male) has not dropped down properly.
* Incorrect-bite or overbite is considered a flaw.
* Front legs not straight - having Chondrodysplasia
- Fiddle Front can be hereditary.
It's a genetic disorder in dogs which manifests itself in puppies born with crippling deformities,eventually evident in the abnormal shape and length of their limbs.
Want it for Breeding?
There is a fine line between breeding and show quality. A breeding dog and show dog should have none of these flaws listed above. How ever it might have a minor flow from winning in the show ring. No really small female.
should be used for breeding. Often a breeder will sell a prospective show quality dog as a breeder.
If you are interested in a show quality dog, it is wiser to wait until puppy is at 12months old. At 12 weeks of age the puppy can be sold as “prospective” show quality but true determination cannot be made until at least 6 months. By this time their 2nd (or permanent) teeth are in and all possibility of overbite or under-bite can be ruled out. You will be able to fully assess it’s movement, structure, and coat quality and determine how closely it adheres to the breed standards. You can determine if it has the outgoing personality needed for the show ring. Remember that no dog is perfect but you can tell at this point if it’s future in the show ring is.
Are your customers raving about you on social media? Share their great stories to help turn potential customers into loyal ones.
Running a holiday sale or weekly special? Definitely promote it here to get customers excited about getting a sweet deal.
Have you opened a new location, redesigned your shop, or added a new product or service? Don't keep it to yourself, let folks know.
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.